In Soundscape, students:
- Identify and create sounds that link to a specific time, place, character or idea
- Visualize and embody a moment in time or an environment
- Brainstorm ideas for sounds and words you could use to make your soundscape together
- Ask participants to choose a sound they can repeat.
- Have participants all practice their sound out loud all at once.
- Inform participants that you will be the conductor and to watch your hands.
- Ask participants to really listen to the sounds of others and think about how their sounds contribute to the overall soundscape.
- Conducting participants to make their sounds group by group so the class can hear each small group’s sounds one at a time. Next begin layering one group over the other until all of the groups are making their sounds at the same time.