- Break students into groups of 4-6.
- Provide each group with a 6-8′ length of string
- Teacher provides prompts for challenges that students have to solve as a group without talking to one another. They can find other ways to communicate, but they can’t talk.
- Example Prompts:
- Create an equilateral triangle.
- Create a shape with at least two parallel sides.
- Encourage students to find non-standardized ways to measure and check lengths and angles.
- What was your experience working with your group?
- What challenges did you encounter? How strategies did you use to solve them?
- Where else do you see these challenges or have to use these skills?