- Introduce concept of Stop and Go. “When I say stop you freeze still and silent as a statue, when I say go you move around the room.”
- Ask students move around the room by saying “Go.”
- Next have students practice making statues by prompting them with “Stop.” Repeat.
- Have students try moving and freezing in different ways.
- Reflect on what they see others doing that shows what a word means (a lot of people have their hands out to look like wings because eagles have wings) or ask the group/an individual students to name why they made a certain choice (I saw you were moving slowly for _______ word can you tell me why?)