Topic: Main Idea and Supporting Details
CLI Strategy: Stage Picture
Grade: Lower/Upper Elementary
Students will be able to: Create and analyze a stage picture to identify the main idea and supporting details of an expository text.
- After reading passage, ask students to help you remember important details
- Have students come up one at a time to represent the details as statues.
- Once you have 4-6 students up, tell them to hold their freeze and take a picture using ipad. Put picture on overhead to ask questions. (You can also just ask students to stay frozen)
Reflect on Image
- What details did we represent? Where do you see them represented?
- What could we title this picture? What is the main idea?
- What other details could fit in this main idea?