Topic: Retelling and Sequencing
CLI Strategy: Hot Seating
Grade: Lower Elementary
Students will be able to: Take on the role of a character to answer questions about what happened in a story and in what order.
- Ask students to imagine that a reporter is going to interview a character from the story. Brainstorm questions that you might want to ask that character.
- Choose 2 or 3 students to play a character from the story and have them sit in front.
- Count down to zero and by the time you get to zero, they should imagine that they are one of the characters.
- Ask questions to have them retell and think from the perspective of their character
- Tell me a bit about what happened. How did this all get started?
- Where were you exactly? Tell me about this place.
- What was the problem you came across?
- How did you feel in that moment? What were you thinking?
- How did you solve the problem?
- What else would you like us to know about your experience?
- What was it like being in role?
- What did we learn from the character?
- When was a time when you felt like this character?