CLI Strategy: Cross the Room
Grade: PK, K
Students will be able to: show and compare different types of transportation.
- Have students brainstorm different types of transportation. Record student ideas on board or large piece of paper.
- What are some of the places you go?
- How do you get there?
- Are these places close or far away?
- Call out the different types of transportation. Have students come up with a way of moving to show different kinds of transportation. ex. paddling for canoe, move slow and steady with arm up for bus etc.
- Choose student movements to represent each of the types of transportation.
- Now have class stand on one end of the room. Explain that you are going to call out a place and they are going to show the type of transportation they would take to get to that place.
- What were some of the places we travelled to? Were the places close or far away?
- What transportation did most people choose?
- Why did they choose that form of transportation?