CLI Strategy: Statues
Subject: Social Studies, SEL
Students will be able to: create statues to show what different feelings might look like and potential feelings in different scenarios.
- Explain to students that statues are still, silent, and express ideas with their whole body and face.
- Name emotions and have students create statues to show their idea of what that emotion might look like for them.
- Spotlight different statues, calling out how the student is using their body and facial expressions to show the emotion. Be sure to spotlight a few different statues to elicit the idea that an emotion might not look the same for everyone.
- Explain a scenario. ie: “someone knocked down your block castle you have been working on all day.” Have students create a statue to show how you might feel in this scenario.
- Spotlight different statues. Then ask students to describe what you might be thinking and how you might be feeling in this situation.
- What were some of the different feelings we showed today?
- When have you felt that way?
- What can we do when we feel _________?