- Participants create movement based on a vocabulary word or stage of a cycle(give them 1 minute or so to create)
- Invite all students to show their movement at the same time
- Spotlight one student’s movement and have class imitate that movement
- Ask all students to try the movement again incorporating B.A.S.T.E. element: for EX: slow motion
- Invite students to create a move for next step in the cycle or next vocabulary word
- Repeat same process for remaining steps of the cycle/rest of vocabulary words
- You now have a dance (phrase) created by the entire class
- Pose questions to the class:
Describe: What did you notice about the movements we created?
Analyze: Which was the hardest part of the cycle for you to make?
Relate: How did you create your moves for this cycle dance?
Scaffolding Tips for Success:
- Sounds can be used with the movements
- Notice and ask questions about details of the movements. Did the participant use their right or left hand, for ex?
- Encourage students to use high, medium, and low levels
- Elicit students’ input about BASTE elements and incorporate them to further explore/express content ideas